Ward Improvement Principles
The SAFER 10 principles are about delivering the best possible experience for patients, by clear and effective communication and good planning and organisation. Our principles are based on national best practice and local learning from wards at STH. These principles apply to how we want to care and plan for all patients who are admitted.
Learn more about principles
- Our house is in order
- We communicate clearly and effectively
- Our patients get the best possible experience
- Improving length of stay. What can hospitals do?
- Ward rounds in medicine. Principles for best practice
- Safer, faster, better: good practice in delivering urgent and emergency care
- Seven day services clinical standards
- Why patients need leaders: introducing a ward safety checklist
- Ready to go? Planning the discharge and the transfer of patients from hospital and intermediate care
Tools and Templates
Stories and Case studies are here