The Two Day Course
This course has now been approved by the Royal College for 10 hours of external non-clinical CPD points.
To compliment the MCA the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals' Service Improvement team run a regular two day 'Introduction to Quality Improvement Course'. Dates for upcoming courses are shown below.
The two days are designed to introduce the basics of quality improvement through a mixture of presentation, video and practical exercises, and is aimed at anyone who is interested in quality improvement, as a leader, a potential MCA coach or as part of an improvement team.
Following interest from staff at other organisations, the Service Improvement team are now proud to offer the course to external delegates. Full details below:
Below is a list of the concepts covered on the course, or click the link to view a copy of the agenda for the last course.
- System thinking
- The Psychology of Improvement
- The System of Profound Knowledge
- Clinical Microsystems
- Planning Improvement - Aims
- Process Mapping
- Generating Change Ideas
- PDSA Cycles
- Measurement for Improvement
- Time Series Data and Statistical Process Control Charts
- Sustain and Spread
The slides for the two days can be downloaded and printed following the links below:
- 13 & 14 September, Room 2, R Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- 18 & 19 October, Room 2, R Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- 15 & 16 November, Room 2, R Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- 13 & 14 December, Room 2, R Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- There is no cost to employee's of Sheffield Teaching Hospitals who are currently working within the trust.
- The cost for delegates from other NHS organisations is £160.00 per person (includes refreshments, lunch & materials).
- The cost for delegates from non-NHS organisations is £225.00 per person (includes refreshments, lunch & materials).
- This course is exempt from VAT.
- STH staff should apply to join the course by emailing Emma Milner
- External delegates will need to complete this application form.